snurched from most of the f-list:
+ Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
+ Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
+ Post them here for everyone to guess.
+ Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
+ NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
ETA: My original quotation for #5 was not accurate. I have replaced it with a proper quote from a different movie, and I am crediting kradical with coming closest on guessing the botched quote, which was from Living in Oblivion.
1. “Girlie, as far as you’re concerned, I’m the messiah of the DMV.” amysisson, Clueless
2. “I’m not in the business. I am the business.” daytonward, Blade Runner
3. “We’re in Italy, speak English.” paleologa, The Italian Job (2003)
4. “It’s just a book. No harm ever came from reading a book.” scrnwrtinghack, The Mummy
5. “I am Jack’s smirking revenge.” deltagrl, Fight Club
6. “I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.” troll_bridge, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
7. “We have nothing to declare—” “—except a cello!” daytonward, The Living Daylights
8. “Son, you’re about as useful as a cock-flavored lollipop.” daytonward, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
9. “You’re going to give mercenaries a bad name.” daytonward, Raiders of the Lost Ark
10. “But it’s absurd!” “So is our electoral process, but we still vote.”
11. “Put that coffee down. Coffee is for closers.” trampledamage, Glengarry Glen Ross
12. “Lady, I never walk into a place I don’t know how to walk out of.” kradical, Ronin
13. “Doesn’t it give you, like, a shudder of electricity…to be in the same room with me?” daytonward, Superman: The Movie
14. “There are dinner jackets and dinner jackets; this is the latter.” amysisson, Casino Royale
15. “There’s one thing I don’t understand. The thing I don’t understand is every motherfuckin’ word you’re saying.”