Farpoint schedule update
Thanks to Winter Storm Pax, there is a chance my arrival at Farpoint might be delayed, or perhaps even canceled.
At the moment, it’s not clear what condition the roads in New York and New Jersey will be in tomorrow morning, or if New York City’s mass transit system will be functioning properly. If the highways are passable, I will likely not reach the convention in time for my originally scheduled 4pm Friday panel.
If the roads are impassable, my arrival might be delayed until Saturday, in which case my two morning panels (at 10am and 11am, respectively) that day will be canceled.
My hope is that my friends and I who are driving together will be able to make the journey tomorrow and reach the convention by dinner time. But we also need to be careful, because a 200-mile drive on black ice might be too dangerous to risk. We shall see.